Monday, February 19, 2007

Learning A New Game

To prepare for Kurokitty's home game tomorrow, I did my first attempt at Omaha online. I quickly went through my play money reload limit at Stars, so I jumped over to FullTilt and tried a little limit Hi/Lo. I have played this one other time and did quite well for the night. I dropped one play buy-in and decided to give it another go. I still don't have it down very well, but I did get one hand that I felt pretty confident in dragging both the high and the low. I keep thinking I'm butting heads for the high or the low and need to learn to read the board for the split.

I didn't have time to learn triple draw, razz, or many of the other possible games that will be played. Hopefully the Pokercat and his friends won't crush me too hard and I'll have enough cash left over to get a fresh Krispy Kreme on the way home.

3 Comments:

At 10:20 AM, Blogger iamhoff said...

Nice hand. Omaha is def. a game where you want to bet the nuts, so if you're hanging around with a lesser hand, get out while you still have chips. I do love me some Omaha. It might have been Pauly who had some good tutorial stuff for Omaha, but he definitely has insights for TD2-7. GL with it.

 
At 4:57 PM, Blogger CarmenSinCity said...

good luck!

 
At 12:39 AM, Blogger kurokitty said...

Thanks for coming out. It was way fun!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home