Monday, January 15, 2007

Zippo in the Neighborhood League

I played 10 hours of live poker at my neighbor's house this weekend and had nothing but $35 in losses and a big smile to show for it. We played 1 big game, a couple of SNGs, and a .10/.20 cash game. Stacie was out of town and my neighbor wasn't kicking anybody out of the house, so we just kept playing. It was our first stop in our neighborhood Poker League. Mookie helped me with some info and I added a couple of my own touches. If it works out right, we should have a nice prize pool for about 12 eligible players.

Since I didn't get enough poker time this weekend and I didn't care to watch the Golden Globes, I jumped in to a Stars SNG. I'm still low stakes, but it keeps me with enough money for the weekly Wheaties. I slow played some draws that luckily hit and was able to get great cards at the end to either steal the blinds, or win the pot outright. When we were down to 3, I got AA on the button and limped. I expected one of the others to push, but they didn't and we saw a flop. I checked it, SB bet out, BB called. For a moment I wondered if I had screwed myself with the slowplay. I had them both covered, so I pushed and I really got worried when they both called. I guess it really helped that I was pounding them preflop early and they must have thought I was doing it again with my over bet. My AA didn't get cracked and I was able to knock them both out without any head's up battle. A good start to 2007 online play.




2 Comments:

At 12:20 PM, Blogger CarmenSinCity said...

You are right about Salma - she ALWAYS looks amazing. I couldn't find any great pictures of her last night though.

I was going to put Cameron Diaz on there too cause I think she is HOT - but she didn't look good last night at all.

 
At 12:29 PM, Blogger CarmenSinCity said...

OK - thanks for that mental image. hehehe

 

Post a Comment

<< Home