Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Enjoy the Silence

Well, other than a slight tanning bed mishap that resulted in a nice 4 inch wide racing stripe across my waist and belly button, I think we are ready. We have a friend picking us up at 0'dark early and we will enjoy most of our Thursday smelling recycled air and the occasional decompression from our flightmates.

We were successfully able to get 10 days worth of stuff in to 1 carry-on suitcase each with an additional DVD carrying case for me and a backpack for Stacie. I think we will be sufficiently entertained with a few movies and I also burned some High Stakes Poker and Top Gear to watch. I am hoping I have about 8 hours of battery life including the extra pack I bought. When those run out, my barber let me take some magazines from his shop.

It looks like rain for the days we are in Kauai so we shall see what that does to our plans. If its too bad, we won't do our helicopter ride and that will really bum us out. I'm not too sure about the weather for next week on the Big Island, but it doesn't really matter now, does it?

We didn't win the lottery last night, but I was able to save us $130 combined on our rental car reservations today. Stacie had already booked and confirmed them when I noticed that I could get them cheaper just by reserving them today. She called the rental car place about it and they gave us the new rate without any problem. If we were the more spontaneous type when it came to trips, I sure we could save alot of money in other ways by waiting until the last minute and be flexible with our travel plans. We get so little time off from work, we are normally willing to pay up front and have a more comfortable feeling about availability.

That's all for me folks. Take care of the mainland while we are away and I should come back with around 500 pictures to share.

2 Comments:

At 2:36 PM, Blogger Gnome said...

The weather is terrific! Have a great time while you're here.

 
At 3:27 PM, Blogger jjok said...

have fun......

 

Post a Comment

<< Home