Friday, February 23, 2007

Dead Money Walking

Pineapple, double flop, and some other crazy games didn't help me come away a winner at the Pokercat's casa. The good news is that since I didn't win anything, I couldn't reward myself and saved a couple of hundred calories on the ride home. My best shot of getting any sort of break even hand happened on the last one. I finished on a Omaha high with a double flop. I think I was in the cutoff and with JJ99, I decided to push preflop to at least split the pot right? Two others made the call (with only a pair of 3s between them, Yay!) and I still lost both boards, arrgh! The first was a boat bigger than mine and the second was quads over my other boat. I just sat there is silence for a moment trying to figure out what happened and then realized I was done. I had a good time, but cash games truly are not my thing. I would like to get much better in case I go to the summer bloggers meet in Vegas. I don't think I played horribly, I just didn't play very well and the cards weren't nice enough to me to allow enough wiggle room while I was learning. I definitely see myself trying again in the future, but it will most likely be April at the earliest since we will be in (as some of my relatives say) "Hi-why-ya" soon. Thanks again for having me over, Kuro.

The neighborhood game is tomorrow and my brother is joining us from out of town. We are moving my Mom back to her old place but will be done by the afternoon. Wish me luck.

3 Comments:

At 5:08 PM, Blogger Shamburglar said...

You didn't do bad for somebody who wasn't used to the pushmonkey style employed by some (aka y.t.) at the game. I just go with the theory (without research / knowlege / any basis in fact) that preflop all Omaha hands are worth about the same. Hope to see you in the TrickleDome again soon.

 
At 8:06 AM, Blogger kurokitty said...

It was fun. Thanks for coming to the game!

 
At 1:51 PM, Blogger Gnome said...

It sounds like you'll be on Kauai and the Big Island during your Hawaii trip, but let me know if you have any stops on Oahu. We should hang out if you're coming over to this island.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home