Thursday, May 11, 2006

Staying up Late for the Mookie

Because I had such a good time during the WWDN Tuesday night, I decided I would stay up late again and play in Mookie's Wednesday 10 PM EST game. I tried to be a little more patient and play better hands. I wasn't doing a very good job at that. Another one of the problems was everytime I bet, someone would go over the top of me and I didn't like the way the board looked. As usual, when I wussed out preflop by not calling $10 when I'm SB, I just look in dismay at my perfect flop. I don't know why I get into hands I shouldn't be involved in, but when I want to tighten up, I do it at the wrong times. I haven't learned the difference between being afraid of monsters under the bed and running through obvious stop signs. Definitely something I need to look at for improvement.

The hand that knocked me out was my best shot of a double up. I had 2 pair on the flop and Carmen called my allin when she also had a good piece of it. Not as good as I had, but I certainly understand her call because I was short stacked and she had a good hand. I tried not to feel too confident, but I really hoped it would hold up. The River Gods had other plans as Carmen made a higher 2 pair on the river and IGHN. After my 30 seconds of filth, flarn, filth and flarn I was better. I realize it was just bad luck on my part. I would do it again if I had to. I really think Carmen is sweet and she is so fun to mess with. I'm sure she was happy to get the chips and still felt guilty about the suckout. I will have to use this against her next time. This is what happens when you get yourself short stacked and you no longer have threating powers to flex. The good news is I went to bed at 11PM.

The other good news is Surflexus continues to dominate. Congrats to him on the win. I have been trying to put together an Atlanta bloggers home game, but....gulp, I am starting to regret it. I know I will be the fish in that shark tank. Hopefully playing with high quality players like him, mow, 23skidoo, and weak will make me better. I'm sure the lessons won't be cheap, but maybe I can use any new found dark side powers against other poor shmoes online to keep me funded for future blogging games. Speaking of future blogging games, feel free to invite me to any voice chats, I promise I'll try to keep from talking so much.

I hope he doesn't take this as an insult, but FishyMcDonk seems to be the closest blogger to me as far as variance, mood, and experience, but he's got better skills. It could also be I had my best month and 2 good finishes in tournaments that either was named after him or I played against him heads up at the final table. I really like it when he's at my table and I enjoy reading his blog. If you like anything about mine, check him out as well.

4 Comments:

At 1:23 PM, Blogger mookie99 said...

Thanks for playing last night. We both have to remember to come equipped with the Kevlar.

 
At 9:51 PM, Blogger surflexus said...

Thanks for the kind words B

 
At 12:14 AM, Blogger CarmenSinCity said...

I think your sweet too :) I would much rather suckout on someone else. hehe

 
At 1:58 PM, Blogger I Like Cake said...

Dude, I am SO insulted. (Not)

I've been on a brutal run lately. And my blog posts haven't exactly been great either. But I'll be back.

I think you/I need to start calling more with Acelitte. Always a winning play.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home