Thursday, April 20, 2006

My First Mookie

I did the Mookie for the first time last night. It is pretty much the same fun crowd as WWDN on Tuesdays. I decided to rotate between tight and maniac.

The first example of maniac was raising Xanthius all-in on the turn when I had nothing but the hammer. He had me dominated except the river gave the board 4 clubs. Guess who had the 5th and guess who didn't? That gave me a quick rise in the standings and I did a few steals when I had the opportunity. It was hard to steal with smokkee on my left and ArtofSuckout on my right. I tried another steal with the hammer and FatBaldGuy reraised pretty big so I had to let it go. Then he showed the hammer, LOL.

The only time I had Aces was UTG and I raised but got nothing but the blinds. Maybe that is a good place for a small raise or limp and then reraise if someone raises later? Later, I got to see the flop for free from the BB. I held 6,2o and the flop came out 2,2,7 with 2 of the same suit. I bet out and got called. By the turn (same suit) I was all-in and was called by someone that had already made his flush. My luck held when the river throws out another 7 giving me the full house over his flush. That was riduculous on my part. I wasn't paying attention and didn't see the fruckin' frush.

I finally went out when I tried a steal UTG with A,Jo and Mellissa (Kuulei) raised. I re-raised all-in and she called with her pocket tens. I never improved and went home in 22nd. I probably should have just called her raise and then bet big with the flop. I don't know if that would have helped but I could have folded to a reraise at that point. This is why I am still learning. Until then, everyone can enjoy my chips.

5 Comments:

At 5:49 PM, Blogger surflexus said...

Sounds great to me. Hit me up on Yahoo (surflexus) one evening or send me and e-mail. (surflexus@comcast.net)

 
At 6:34 PM, Blogger smokkee said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 6:37 PM, Blogger smokkee said...

i can't remember seeing so many suckouts in a tournament before. too bad i was the donk getting all my chips in ahead after the turn (twice). good times.

 
At 6:44 PM, Blogger smokkee said...

...and did i mention that i despise PokerStars. that site is so rigged. ok i'm off tilt now. thanks.

 
At 9:46 AM, Blogger mookie99 said...

Yea, you have to remember to bring the Kevlar cup when you play in these tourneys...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home