Tuesday, March 28, 2006

First one out, are you kidding me?!

Apparently, I am more in love with AQ than AJ. For some reason I was a big ole dumbass and felt like calling someone's all-in reraise after the flop while I am not even holding a pair. He flopped two pair and I never had a chance. Well that's not true, my chance was to fold and lose my raise but fight another day. I can't believe I made that call, there simply is no good way to explain it other than I thought the cards were "pertty." One hand later, I had the honor of being the first one out of Wil's tournament tonight. Let the junk kicking begin, I deserve it.

Part of what really sucks is how much I look forward to this particular game each week. I read the blogs of alot of the other players and think they are fantastic at the game. Socially, it is so much like a home game that I miss it when it is over. The people playing are so much fun and I really feel like I am becoming a better player because of the strength of the competition. I shouldn't let this week get me down, just consider it an $11 lesson on aggressive behavior.

6 Comments:

At 12:52 AM, Blogger jjok said...

With 14 people left, I raised preflop with AQ......BB raised me so I called.

Ace on the flop, he bets less than pot, I push, he calls with AK and that's all she wrote.

So for you and I, AQ absolutely blows.

Good luck on Thursday!!!

 
At 11:53 AM, Blogger 23skidoo said...

Don't sweat it Brian. I feel the same way about pushing with 99 against a raise...doh.

See you next week!

 
At 1:49 PM, Blogger I Like Cake said...

Sorry I missed all the action. I look fwd to this tourney too. Had to miss because of a bidniss dinner. I won my HUC3 match tho. Final 4 baby.

 
At 4:00 PM, Blogger SirFWALGMan said...

Just learn from your mistakes. Sorry if I was ribbing you, lol, but it was all just in fun. It was a pretty bad play but learn from it and dont do it again. Every poker player that learns from there play gets better.

 
At 10:47 AM, Blogger VinoQueen said...

Isn't it about time you show your wife how to add to your blog, so it truly is Brian AND Stacie's blog?

 
At 12:41 PM, Blogger BrainMc said...

I'll add you when you want to start some poker postings and not a minute sooner.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home