Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Smiley

Stacie and I watched a 13 Conversations About 1 Thing last weekend. We both enjoyed it and I really admired a character named "Smiley." He always had something good to say and could end every conversation smiling. Nothing could get this guy down and his dispostion had a positive impact on others around him. Not everyone could appreciate "Smiley" and this was best displayed by his boss, Gene. Gene had alot of shit going wrong in his life but could never seem to be happy about anything. Stacie and I decided it was time to become more like "Smiley" and avoid ending up like Gene.

I really enjoy my life and all of the blessings I have received. I have a nice home, the best wife, a loving, intelligent dog, a 40 hr/week job, a fun motorcycle, and money in the bank. With all of this, I bitch too often when things aren't going my way or I see people doing things that I think are stupid. I would be a much happier person if people just did things my way, LOL. I realize this is not going to happen, and thankfully so, because sometimes I am wrong. The way I handle challenges and dumbasses will help me get over things quicker or maybe even resolve the issue at hand.

I have made it a goal of mine to become more like "Smiley" and less like Gene, but I haven't even been able to go 24 hours without someone / something putting me on tilt. I am beginning to think this is impossible. Stacie does a better job with it, but she still has her struggles, especially with someone who is pure evil at times. I would have bitch slapped this person a long time ago, but Stacie is a better person than I am. I definately need to relax more, but that doesn't mean I won't stop someone from taking advantage of me. I consider myself to be a very generous person, but I have no patience for liars and schemers. If you treat me right, I will do everything possible to help you out when needed. I am fortunate to have friends that do the same for me and that is the thought I will end this entry with today. See, I am smiling already.

1 Comments:

At 2:14 PM, Blogger VinoQueen said...

Brian, you're so sweet and very generous. Although I appreciate the thought, I am not a better person than you are. We all have our moments. Luckily we balance each other out most of the time, but there's nothing wrong with being more like Smiley! I'm smiling!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home