Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Happy New Year

Man, what a great holiday break we had. We only worked 2 out of the last 11 days with very little travel. We went to Greenville for a few days but had to drive back to Atlanta on Christmas day to be able to work the 26th and 27th. We then enjoyed the next 5 days of no work.

Over the break, I did something I hadn't done in quite a while. I set out to get my drink on. Last Thursday during lunch, I went out and got a fifth of Patron Anejo with the sole intent of doing shots while playing cards at a neighbor's house that night. Mission accomplished! I don't know who won that night, but I only dropped $2 while playing for about 5 hours, so I call that a victory. We had lunch plans with our friends on Friday and although I was sure I could make it, who knew noon came around so fast? I wasn't my normal talkative self until around 1. My lunch just sat on the table looking at me and I just got it to go. A quick stop by McD's later and I was in better shape.

On to football. Ahhh, the Auburn - Clemson game. I was screwed going in to this one. No matter who won, I lost. If Clemson can get a decent kicker, they have got a great shot at being the ACC champs and more next year. Auburn is in for an interesting year with their "me too" spread offense. It's funny how things change so quickly. When they brought in Al Borges a few years back, they were so psyched to have a "West Coast Offense" but when we lost our stable of running backs, now we start looking for the scrambling QBs.

Here's to a great year for everyone. See ya at the tables.

4 Comments:

At 3:15 AM, Blogger iamhoff said...

Patron Anejo, definitely happy new year. Without a doubt one of my fave tequilas. Glad to hear you survived the Patron. Enjoy the G and see ya on the felt.

 
At 11:58 AM, Blogger rakethetable said...

Happy New Year

 
At 9:17 AM, Blogger Aaron said...

Waffle House beats out McD's for hangover food. :D

 
At 7:29 PM, Blogger BrainMc said...

I agree Aaron, but I needed a drive through.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home