Monday, December 03, 2007

A House Divided

Let me start with a little background information. I am an avid and emotional Clemson football fan. I have been since I was about 5 years old, which was about the same time I decided I was going to go to school at Clemson. I went to my first Clemson game at 8. My family got season tickets, and I was at every possible home game from that time until 4 years after I graduated from Clemson. I no longer have season tickets, but I still go to games when I can and always watch when they are televised. It is something I am very passionate about. Seriously. You have no idea unless you have witnessed it. I get so nervous I get sick to my stomach. I get so excited I can't contain myself. I get so pissed I want to throw things (and sometimes do). I know this isn't a pretty picture, but I am passionate about Clemson football. It is in my blood.

In 1998, the same year we were married, Clemson and Auburn met in the Peach Bowl in Atlanta. This was the first time the two teams had played in decades, and it was right in our own backyard. Everyone assumed we would go to the game since our two teams were in it, but we knew better. We didn't want to pay $100 plus for a guarantee that one of us was going to be on the losing end and unhappy. We watched from the comfort of our apartment and since we were newly married, I tried to be on my best behavior. I guess I didn't scare him away because Clemson lost, and we're still together.

Well, here we are almost ten years later and once again Clemson and Auburn will be battling in Atlanta in what is now the Chick-fil-A bowl. Over the years that we have been married, I have become an Auburn fan, and Brian has become a Clemson fan. We always pull for each other's school. We have common enemies that we love to hate. We are two tigers in a house united... until December 31, 2007. Our house will be divided. Two tigers fighting til the death. Well, maybe that's a bit strong, but you get the picture. It's not going to be a good New Year's Eve in the tiger household. We're going to be routing against each other. Dundee is going to have to choose a side. No, it's not going to be pretty. All I can say is Clemson better win!

1 Comments:

At 5:48 AM, Blogger smokkee said...

i was praying for a USC/Oh State Rose Bowl. so we could finally end the "my team would pwn ur shit" argument. but, Oh St backdoored their way into the national championship. so rigged.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home