Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving

Not much going on around the house lately, mainly just fighting a cold. Of course a little poker here and there with our neighborhood league and some tailgating at the........ummmm...... Auburn / Georgia "game." Nice job there fellas. I have had moderate success thanks to taking 2nd in our last home game. I hope this will give me enough points to make it to our Tournament of Champions in January. We still have 3 more games to go, but I'm optimistic about my chances. I have been making the right decisions, but I'm getting slaughtered when I'm the big favorite. I guess I'm now experiencing the other side of the 20 and 30%.

I haven't played much online. I bombed out of the Riverchasers last week pretty early when I ran Jacks in to Aces preflop. He raised pretty big on the button and I thought it was just a "don't call me" steal attempt so I shoved from the big blind. Whoops, game over. Very nicely played sir. I missed my chance at a bounty when earlier, I folded a suited King that would have flopped a flush and turned a straight flush. That's OK, I don't need to get in the habit of playing K,4 of hearts, right? Of course had I known about the bounty, I might have stepped out there for the measly call.

I did win a token for the MATH, but I'll have to use it next week since the token game didn't finish before 10. I've never played in the MATH, but I decided with the BBT2, it was time to try. I also dipped my toes in the .05/.10 game, but misplayed pocket Aces while I was watching Surflexus take 7th in his rebuy tournament. Since it is proven that I can't multitask, I left the table and concentrated on the token game.

This is usually the busiest live game time for me. College football is about done, yard work is pretty much over and people have more time off with vacation and holidays so we have plenty of volunteers to host games. We have 3 neighborhood games planned, probably 1 additional at Kajagugu's, and the ATL blogger meet up at 23Skidoo's in the next 30 days. The neighbors and I will also squeeze in some more from Christmas through New Year's. Good times, and I'm thankful for my opportunities to play the game I enjoy and a wife that is cool with it.

3 Comments:

At 2:39 PM, Blogger 23skidoo said...

Changed the Day to SATURDAY, just for you.


Feel free to invite 1 or 2 of your n'hood poker buddies.

 
At 3:24 PM, Blogger BrainMc said...

Ya-freakin-hoo! I was looking forward to the game, but dreading the traffic.

 
At 5:02 PM, Blogger KajaPoker said...

Hey Brain - good job on that token. Save it. Next MATH is going to be a donktastic $10 rebuy. Yay for changing things up. Not.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home