Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Home Game at Kaj's

Surf, APOSEC72, and I met over at Kajagugu's place over the weekend for a few games. Some of his usual players were there along with a couple of my crew. His home game is slowing being taken over by the bloggers and our invites. I hope we aren't scaring off his neighbors from future games.

After a disappointing first game, I was able to regroup and with the help of some ridiculous premium pockets, I easily took first out of 8 for a good score. The first game was finally over and they were ready to start a new one. I told them I probably wouldn't hang around for another since we still had 5 of us left in the second. They said they would wait for a little bit in case some of the others wanted to play another. David asked if he could play both at once. Talk about Jonesin' for some poker. It turns out we wouldn't have to wait very long. I was the chip leader, but the blinds were up to push fest levels and I folded a couple of hands and then it started raining cards for me. I took 6 hands in a row and knocked out the remaing 4 players. This easily funded my first game loss and gave me a freeroll to hang around for the third.

The third game was more social, thanks to the SoCo. Al had sent a bottle to APOSEC72 as a bounty from an earlier online game. Kaj poured "shots" for our half of the table. It's hard to measure a shot when you are using the 12oz Solo cups. After setting up 4 of us, half the bottle was gone. That stuff must be made of liquid stupid. Just kidding, that's not true at all, it just seemed to turn out that way. All 4 of us emptied our chips soon after emptying our cups. It didn't help when I got knocked out with A7 in the BB versus A3 in the SB and another 3 came right out of the door.

I hope to do well in the game I'm hosting tonight. It won't be large enough for 2 full tables, but I'm glad we always have enough to fill 1. I can not express enough the quality of some of the players in our home games lately. It's hard not to have a tough time when you have Kaj and Surf in the same game. Awesome job to both on their finishes in the MATH last night. Let's see if Kaj can win his second trip to Australia.

4 Comments:

At 3:18 PM, Blogger KajaPoker said...

I am still unsure as to my status for tonight's game. I will do my darndest to make it over without being served divorce papers. KajaKid isn't napping so she will not be an issue as she will in bed early. I just want to try to keep the win streak going....

I'll let you know later. And I'll bring the Liquid Stupid with me.

 
At 3:32 PM, Blogger rakethetable said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 3:40 PM, Blogger rakethetable said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 4:57 PM, Blogger rakethetable said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home