Friday, August 18, 2006

Start Spreading The News

Stacie and I are heading to NYC for a short vacation / long holiday weekend over Labor Day. We are flying up on Saturday and coming back home Wednesday. We are staying in Manhattan across from the museums and Central Park. It seems like a good location and we aren't breaking the bank for lodging.

We're not totally sure what we are going to do while we are there. Stacie has spent a day there before, but I have only seen it from the car while riding through one summer on the way to Cape Cod from D.C. I want to do the usual touristy things like some of the museums, Statue of Liberty, Empire State Bldg, Central Park, Tiffany's, FAO, the financial district, and maybe a show on Broadway. We're thinking of checking out a game at Yankee Stadium (while wearing my Braves jersey of course) or watching the Braves play the Mets on Monday or Tuesday night. We are also planning on going down to Ground Zero and Rockerfeller Plaza. Does anybody have any "can't miss" suggestions for us to do?

2 Comments:

At 1:13 PM, Blogger CarmenSinCity said...

There's an awesome Macy's that has like 9 floors of amazing shopping bliss!

 
At 8:30 PM, Blogger BrainMc said...

Why am I not surprised to hear this coming from the woman that wants a $445 belt? I'll keep my eye out for a good knock off for you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home