Friday, August 11, 2006

Poker Can Be Fun

I had a blast playing with Guin last night in the Titan League presented with PokerSavvy. It was a $2 rebuy event that only had 14 registered and probably only 12 actually showing before they were blinded away. One rebuy was all I needed to get to chipleader status and Guin was not far behind after his rebuy. We were having a good time with some very tame trash talk and tried to include the rest of the table. The rebuy period lasted until the 1st break and by then we were all at 1 table with 2 still sitting out for a while. One guy (Rambo something or other) finally did show and became a player pretty quickly. When there were about 5 of us left, I got jokingly arrogant and told Guin I looked forward to our heads up match. I was catching some good cards and using my big stack was able to knock out a few players in a row. It did end up being the 2 of us at the end, but not before I tried to land the knockout punch earlier on him. I think there were 3 of us left and I had the button with Guin in the BB. I got Aces and just called the 400 blind. Well my sneaky little trapped seemed to work because Guin went all in before the flop and I called. He turned over A 10, so naturally I was thrilled. Guin wasn't worried though as he gets his 3rd ten on the river. LOL. Fortunately, I more than had him covered and it didn't knock me out, but this definitely made him a force at the table. The funny thing Guin told me was "If I push, I have the nutz, or I'll get there" and he was usually right. I've always enjoyed being at the same table as him and we had a fun little HU before I was able to beat his same two pair with a better kicker. It was good for a $10 profit to make up for my abysmal play at the Mookie. I only hope Guin had as good of a time as I did. I'm sure he is looking to kick my ass in the rematch next week.

3 Comments:

At 12:21 PM, Blogger I Like Cake said...

I'd like to join these games, but don't they start at 6pm? That's nuts. Hey, if you haven't figured out the Mansion bonus yet, go play blackjack. If you somehow win you can then go back and play poker with it or cashout like I did. I turned my $20 "bonus" into $90 just by playing blackjack, and then cashed out.

 
At 12:42 PM, Blogger BrainMc said...

Thanks for the info Fishy. Did you have to send them a copy of a photo id to cash out?

As far as the time goes, they do start real early even for us Eastern Time Zoners. This is actually an advantage for me since I am home by 5:30 and I'm hoping the competition is lighter since not everyone can make it.

 
At 2:18 PM, Blogger BrainMc said...

I did as Fishy said made $1 after playing $20 in blackjack to move over to the poker room side or cash out soon.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home