Thursday, August 17, 2006

Finally.....A Final Table

I had a rough start with the Mookie last night. I got tangled up with Smokkee within the first 5 minutes and took a huge hit. His full house crushed my nut flush. I'm lucky that he didn't just put me out right there. I lost a few more chips shortly after this and was down to 280 in just 10 minutes of play for a nice ranking of 41st out of 42. Go me!

Stacie came in to say good night and asked where my chips were. I told her to look across the table at Smoke and I might be in bed very soon. I told her I wanted to be patient since the blinds were still low enough for me to wait for hands and see what I can do. I channeled my inner Surf and Waffles short stack play and added the patience of Mow.

I won a coin flip shortly after this to double up and then had a good run of cards to shoot to 1st place with 4400 after doubling through trkfix with QQ and then hit another Q on the flop. trkfix was able to take some back soon after I called his all-in with the dominate hand that did not hold up. He just wouldn't go away and was able to hang around pretty well with his push bets, but ran into my 4 tits (I did this for Stacie, she had never heard QQ referred to this way) with the 3rd on the flop again and that put me back in the top 3 and I stayed that way to the final table.

At the final table, I stupidly got involved with Xanthius and managed to let myself fall to 7/7, then 6/6 with 5 places paying. With Xanthius your only hope is to have the nuts and even then I'm not sure that would be enough to beat him. I was not going to play another pot unless I had a dominating hand. I was able to survive / pick up my round of blinds and more importanly, I made it past the bubble and into the money. After we were in the money, I was hoping to double up with my flush draw on the flop, but it gave Smokkee trips and I didn't catch my club. It's the first PokerStars cash I have had in months and my last 10 days have been positive cash flow for the poker accounts. Let's see if I can continue tonight with the Titan League. Wish me luck.

3 Comments:

At 10:07 AM, Blogger Matt Silverthorn said...

Well played last night, man. Glad you made it to the money. You deserved it after the suckouts that guy put on you.

 
At 3:37 PM, Blogger I Like Cake said...

Nice job man. It's been a while since we met up at any final table. I'll try to play some blooger stuff next week. Or the WWdN:Not tonite.

 
At 3:47 PM, Blogger mookie99 said...

Congrats on the final table and cash last night. You played great and it was tough having you to my right and smokkee on my left when we got down to two tables.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home