Thursday, July 27, 2006

DADI, Why Don't You Love Me?

I played in the Donkeys Always Draw Invitational, DADI 8, last night. I'll let Vince and Mike do the play by play for us.

Mike: MrsBuzz opens for a raise. Folds around to the small blind, a Father of 3 girls from Houston, and he raises with his pocket 9s. That's a nice hand to have in the small blind.

Vince: He's looking to get a few chips from the blinds and test out the initial raiser.

Mike: And over to the young kid from Atlanta in the big blind......

Vince: Uh-Oh, Fireworks, he's picked up the Mother of All Hands, Weapons of Mass Destruction, a Pair of Aces! He's got showtunes going off in his head.

Mike: How's he going to play it Vince? He's already seen a raise and a reraise. Does he just call or.....wait a minute, look at that...he raises it up to 3000! I like this bet Vince, he's hoping someone is playing AK or a high pocket pair and wouldn't mind a little confrontation for some chips and he's saying "come on, let see some gamble."

Mike: MrsBuzz folds and JJOK calls from the small blind.

Vince: Flop comes X, 9, 10.

Mike: Oh no, this could spell disaster to the fine young Auburn grad. That was just the card that JJOK was hoping to see on the flop.

Mike: Some betting may have occurred on the flop, I was too busy looking at the cocktail waitress to notice. Here's the turn.

Vince: Another 10, JJ has made a boat.

Mike: Looks like BrainMc is about to make a play....He's counting out some chips....That second 10 has him worried. He's wondering if his opponent was playing 10,10 or A,10 suited.

Vince: Little does he know, it was the 9 on the flop that put him behind.

Mike: Well there he goes, he's putting his opponent on a pair of Jacks, Queens, or Kings and pushes all-in.

Vince: JJOK gladly makes the call and shows his dominating hand.

Mike: Brian is hoping for an A or a 10 for a bigger boat. One card to go...And he doesn't get it!

Vince: JJOK successfully cracks Brain's Aces with his nines.

Mike: Well Vince you know what they say with Aces, you can win a little or lose a lot.

Courtney: Tough break there Brain.

BrainMc: Well, I felt good about my play for most of the night. I didn't have to rebuy and I just took the add-on to minimize my cost. I tried to play conservative like my boy, Mow. I just didn't put him on that hand and it cost me.

Courtney: Tell us about the hand that knocked you out tonight.

BrainMc: I was just telling my wife a couple of hands before about how much I like JJOK and how friendly he is. Now all I can say is @#%%&** him. LOL. Hopefully he put my chips to good use took down the whole thing. Next time my pretty, next time. So Courtney, you wanna go get a drink, I heard you got fired.


A funny thing about this hand. After I raised up to T3000, we had a power blip. Fortunately, I had my PC and modem on a UPS. LOL. I can only imagine how pissed I would have been if I had had my hand folded because I timed out. The poker gods tried to get me out of the hand, but technology , ummm, saved me. Thanks APC for your wonderful product. I would have only lost T3000 if I wasn't using you. HaHA.

6 Comments:

At 9:23 AM, Blogger mookie99 said...

Ha, this is funny.

 
At 11:53 AM, Blogger Matt Silverthorn said...

Haha, this is an awesome post. Sorry about the bad beat, Brian.

 
At 1:21 PM, Blogger jjok said...

meh.....

Love this post.....and not because I'm egocentric.

In all honesty, Brian, I hated busting you on this hand. I really thought you had played well and deserved more. That and I always enjoy playing at a table with you......unlike damian/satan's spawn/The Omen79.

If I didn't hit a monster, I was dumping the hand......a loose call preflop for me but one I probably make more often than I should.

Please don't hate me.....haha.

 
At 3:31 PM, Blogger Guin said...

Great post... lots of respect for your play last night...

One tough hand is all it takes to send you to the sidelines. I followed you to the rail soon after.

 
At 9:08 AM, Blogger VinoQueen said...

Nice post, but what's this about you having drinks with Courtney?

 
At 3:27 PM, Blogger I Like Cake said...

Love the post, sry I missed the game. I was in Orlando on bidness.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home