Wednesday, May 09, 2007

My New Vehicle Options

As usual, I am all over the board about what I want to get next. Do I get a sporty little car or go with another truck? I do have a few requirements no matter which way I go. It has to fit in the garage and still leave room for the motorcycle and have a backseat big enough for Dundee to ride with us. For this reason, the 2 seat convertibles are out of the mix. That’s too bad, I like the new hardtop convertible Mazda MX-5 or the Saturn Sky Redline. Neither are prohibitively priced and I like the styling, especially the Sky.



If I go back with a truck, the most likely replacement for the Ranger will be a 2007 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab SE. I have test driven it and on paper it is the winner in the truck department. I also test drove the new Tacoma, but for the money, I wasn’t crazy about it. At the time, I could get a Tundra for less, but that is just too big. The Frontier has a long bed option for 2007 that I am considering so I can put the motorcycle in the back when necessary.


In the sporty 2 door category, I like the Honda Civic Coupe, Mini Cooper S, and my favorite, the Infinity G35 coupe . I love the current G35 and am considering waiting to buy a car until this fall when the G37 arrives. Who am I kidding? I am not going to buy this car. A used G35 is more likely. I have been lusting for this car for years. It has a great look, awesome power and even a small excuse for a back seat. If I can wait until the summer, the Nissan Altima coupe would be a lesser expensive option. It has a similar look as the G37, but it is front wheel drive, and not as luxurious or powerful (but still plenty) as the G.

Of course, the most glaring option is to just keep the Ranger and enjoy the $400+ per month I'd be saving. Maybe I'll use it to take some poker lessons.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home