Thursday, June 22, 2006

Like Butta'

Surf is on a roll. Nice job taking another Mookie.

I was at the top of the heap for a while right behind Surf. I was feeling pretty good about my play and was psyched to make it past the first break still in the top 5 for chips. Baby steps you know. This didn't last long. The crippling blow to me was when Bone-Daddy lived up to his name while we were the battling blinds. We kind of dance and check to the turn / river (I don't remember which) when the Q gave me the straight. I led out, he raised and I figured he might have a face pair since there were a lot of eyes looking back at us on the board, so I had him covered and went all-in. Unfortunately, the Q also gave him a straight to fill out his Big Slick in the small blind. Who knew?! Oh well, that crushed me and when the blinds were about to hit me I decided to take on the only better with my K 10 soooooted but his A J was enough. I went out in 29th. Still having a blast though.

2 Comments:

At 12:54 PM, Blogger mookie99 said...

Thanks for making it out last night to play in the tournament.

 
At 8:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I railed you for a while, you played very well. I went out early, flopped top pair and the other guy flooped a straight. I couldnt get away from it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home