Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Workin' for the Weekend

We went to a new BBQ place, Jim'n'Nicks, last night after work with some friends. We all really enjoyed it and had a good time. Great pork and awesome mashed potatoes w/gravy!

I didn't expect to play in the WWDN, but we got home at 8:25 so I decided to register. I knew I shouldn't have played, because I wasn't in "poker mode" yet. I was a little rushed, consequently, I was very unsuccessful and I am feeling like such a dumbass about my play. I wasn't involved in very many hands before I was quickly knocked out among the first 5. My actions were very transparent. I didn't make much money on my good hand (dealt AA in the BB on the 1st hand / really overplayed that), lost a good chunk on a stupid bluff, then Hoy put the finishing touch on me with his perfect read. He was willing to take on the race with his sizeable stack. That's the advantage of his style of play, he steals so much that when he does have a hand and you challenge him, he's gonna get paid. Nice job Hoy, you deserved my chips the way you and I were playing. I looked like I had pretty much never played before last night. Quite embarassing really.

I am going to take a break from the real money games and start playing ESPN again. When I make some bonehead plays there, I can jump in to a new game and see if I learned my lesson. Of course I'll still play in Matt's blogger freeroll tonight. I really need to work on my game before I am completely out of moolah in my online accounts. I try to maintain a positive attitude and do enjoy playing against the other bloggers, but I haven't been feeling so chipper lately. For various reasons, I am feeling overwhelmed and need to do more relaxing activities. Playing like a fish and losing money like I did last night is not relaxing! I am in desperate need of this upcoming weekend as Stacie and I are taking Monday off to make it 4 days long.

Stacie has given me her hour at the spa so I am getting a massage Saturday morning. Hopefully this will start the weekend off right and get me in the swing of things again. Stacie is very giving and lately I am not as much fun to be around as I usually am so maybe she is giving herself a gift. LOL. If the weather is nice, I think I will ride up to the mountains in north Georgia at least one day. We are also planning on going out for lunch and dinner at a couple of different places. Throw in a some yard work, grilling out, and a few movies and I am now really looking forward to it. See, I'm better already.

5 Comments:

At 2:11 PM, Blogger CarmenSinCity said...

Have fun at the Spa!!!! I go to the spa often. Having a long weekend is the best!

 
At 3:45 PM, Blogger mookie99 said...

Hope to you see you back around soon.

Have a good weekend.

 
At 3:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Massage! Great to see that you are a fellow metro-sexual.

 
At 8:45 PM, Blogger BrainMc said...

Not that there's anything wrong with that...........

 
At 8:46 PM, Blogger BrainMc said...

You're still a much better dresser than I am Mow.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home