Friday, June 09, 2006

The Mook and home games

I had fun in the Mook last night. I tried to pull a slick one on Surflexus right off the bat, but I think I misplayed my bluff near the end. I was in the mood to be a first pitch batter and see if it would pay off for me. Surf correctly knew I was full of it and wisely called. This put a big hurt on me, but I was able to hang around until right before the first break when a fellow Georgian, shea / bthecloser69, sent me to join the railbirds. Before that, Drewspop and I kept ending up side by side as we got moved around so he was fun to chat with. I followed along until the break at the final table, but by then I was way past my bedtime. The lovely Change100 even did a drop by probably since Pauly and Waffles were playing. I think I will try to start playing this one more even with the late start for someone who needs their 8 hours of beauty sleep. Stacie still doesn't understand how I can come to bed after midnight when I got knocked out before 11.

Speaking of the Mookie, maybe MiamiDon can start doing an ATL vs Austin line. How's that for subtle?

We've got a neighborhood game tonight so maybe I can make enough to buy a new tire for the bike. I will definitely need to buy it before the ATL blogger game I am hosting next Saturday. I don't think I will swimming in the money that night. It will be more like a shark tank with Surflexus, Mowenumdown, 23Skidoo, chipperdh, and some of their guests. I can't wait, wish me luck.

UPDATE: This post is a little old since Blogger was not working for me. I didn't make any money in our home game last night, but it was fun and I liked my play. I got back half my buy-in, so the night only cost me $10. I have noticed that I am better at home games since playing in the blogger tourneys. I guess I gotta buy my tire with my own money. Bummer!

4 Comments:

At 2:17 PM, Blogger mookie99 said...

Thanks for making it out to play the other night. Enjoyed it !

 
At 6:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Since Mookie will be in Vegas this week, I'll give some Atlanta/Austin action the following week.

Amazing how the blogger events toughen us up for the live world.

 
At 7:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Still looks good for me for your game. I look forward to meeting everyone.

Kelly

 
At 4:49 PM, Blogger SirFWALGMan said...

I want a Massachusetts line! heh. Just for the record, as much as it hurts to say, Change100 is never going to show up anywhere for me.. lol.. it is all Pauly..

 

Post a Comment

<< Home