Monday, June 19, 2006

ATL Blogger Home Game

My biggest poker weekend ever, timewise and losses that is.

Since Stacie went to Savannah with her Mother for a few days, I decided to make it a poker weekend. I broke even Friday night on Full Tilt after busting out of a bracelet tourney then getting my money back in a SNG.

Saturday night was a fun live game. Surflexus, Rags, 23Skidoo, and Mowenumdown came to my crib for a little action. Like he wasn't winning enough lately, Rags ended up the big winner for the night. I think Ski and Surf broke even with Mow and I being the contributors. That was by far the most I have every lost in one night, of course you gotta realize I am a low buyin, 1 tourney a night kind of guy. I knew I was in trouble when someone asked where to plug in their laptop to do some multitabling. LOL. It was a good start to possibly a quarterly series. We have a few other ATL bloggers that are in the rotation and hopefully they can make it next time. Surf has a good recap here. I had a great time and look forward to future games.

That brings us to the Sunday blogger tourney at Pokerstars. It took me longer to type that sentence than I lasted in it. Just kidding, it wasn't that bad. I busted out within the first 30-40 minutes. The side chat was definately the best part of the night. This was my first ever tournament with more than 150 people so it was a new experience. I guess the biggest thing I learned is bob, weave, uppercut, uppercut, body blow.

On Saturday, I also got brave and tackled my bike. I am now the proud owner of a new, metal free rear tire. W00t! After borrowing the right tools, I took it up to CycleGear and they got me hooked up for a little less money than the dealer. It is not as sporty as the other one, but by doing it myself and getting a little less expensive tire, I saved $50 and got the road hazard which isn't available through the BMW dealership. I will be back to riding tomorrow since we are expecting an afternoon storm. Brand new tire + rain = bad news.

That's all for now. I hopefully will be seeing everybody this Wednesday evening at the Mookie.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home