Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Poker and Nick's

Stacie and I took Monday off for a little break from work. I started off my long weekend with a game in Kajagugu’s neighborhood. We had a good turnout for the 1st game with 14 people. I never could get much going and I misplayed 2 hands against Surflexus. I still won both hands, but I shorted myself a bounty and some chips. I flamed out shortly after we merged to 1 table.

During the second game, I caught a bit of the limpitus that was at our table. In early position with Q,10 I complete the blind during the second or third level. We get a few other limpers and we see a flop. The flop is Q,J,Q with 2 spades. I’m thinking that was about as good as I could ask for with my hand. It was also a great board to bluff at so I took a shot with a bet. When I got 2 callers, I started to worry a bit about the flush and straight draws. I checked the harmless off suit 3 on the turn with the intention of a check raise. After losing value on hands in the earlier game, I am trying to be less fearful of draws every time, but this one had too many possibilities. Bobby called, Kaj called and then I raised a little over 3X Bobby’s bet. He dropped and Kaj looked at his chip stack before raising the rest of his chips. It didn’t even constitute a min raise, but I knew I was most likely beat but I had to call for a possible chop. Kaj flips over Q,J suited for the flopped boat and I was drawing for one of the remaining 2 Jacks. The river gave us a second 3 but my baby boat couldn’t float the win. This left me with a little over 5 big blinds so on the next hand, I push in first position with pocket tens. Chris calls behind me with A rag and hits his A to send me home.

I have really turned in to a donor this year so maybe I can get a little back with our neighborhood holiday series. We are doing 4 games over the next 8-10 weeks. We will do Omaha tonight, then Hi-Low, no limit, and then finish with a mixed game.

For our off day, I took Stacie to Nick’s, a hole in the wall Greek take-out place that J introduced me to. It is a little cinder block building with lovely graffiti on it. They have a kickin’ lamb gyro. I get it without the sauce of course ‘cuz I don’t do the condiments. We enjoyed a little picnic lunch in the back of the Maxima and it still smelled like Greek food yesterday morning. After lunch we went roller blading on the Silver Comet Trail in Austell. My neighbor told me the hardest part of roller blading was telling my Dad that I’m gay. So yes, I’m sthuper, thanks for asking!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home