Friday, August 22, 2008

Why Do I Do This to Myself?

It's Friday morning, and I'm tired. I'm tired because I've had a pretty full week, but it really hasn't even begun. Tonight we are having friends over for dinner. Last night I spent hours prepping so today when I get home from work I will only have about an hour's worth of work to do before our guests arrive. I love cooking and entertaining, but the problem is that I sometimes bite off more than I can chew. When I have company for dinner I want to be sure we have plenty of food, so I work myself into a tizzy planning the menu and then executing it.

So that's just the beginning of the weekend. Tomorrow morning I am getting up at 6:15 for a 15 mile training walk. I'm walking in the Atlanta 2 Day Breast Cancer Walk on Sept 20 & 21 (30 miles), and I've had several training walks over the past couple of months. I'm pretty used to the walking now, but it just takes so much time out of the day. I should be home by around noon - just in time to shower, have lunch and then make a pie to take to my book club meeting that is 35 minutes away at 3:30. I'll get home from book club just in time for dinner and cards with some friends. Now that's a full day. But wait, the weekend isn't over yet. I'm having lunch with a friend on Sunday, and after lunch we'll be browsing around Atlantic Station. I should be home mid-afternoon on Sunday, at which point I will most likely crash and burn.

I enjoy an active social life and spending time with friends, but sometimes I really just overextend myself without thinking about it until the time comes. It should be a fun weekend (with the exception of the 15 mile walk), but it will be exhausting and damn I'm already tired!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home