Thursday, May 29, 2008

How Can I Resist?

My buddy Mike turns 40 in July and is celebrating his birthday in Vegas. Over the weekend he asked me if I wanted to head out with him and another poker buddy since we all had such a good time in Biloxi. I wanted to go, but I just didn't think it would work out.

3 things tipped the scales in favor of "yes" for me. First, Chris the buzzsaw would have his own room separate from us and spare us the snoring. Second, Mike had some good discounts that we could use. Bally's was giving him Friday and Saturday night for free and only charging $40 for Sunday. He also had a free companion ticket through his Delta AMEX and said we could just split the total. He booked our tickets and my half of the room and airfare will be around $275 for 3 nights. SWEET! Third and most important, Stacie said it was cool for me to go, especially at the price. My wife rocks, yo.

Our plans are to play a little cash Hold 'em, maybe a tourney, some Pai Gow (for drinking time) and he may see some Ultimate Fighting. I would like to visit Chad, my Vegas buddy, while I'm out there. I'm sure it will be packed, but if he and his wife are around we can hit the lake and I can try wakeboarding again. I will be arriving in Vegas on Friday, July 4th around 4PM and flying back Monday afternoon about 3 PM. Let me know if anyone else will be there at the same time and wants to meet up for a meal or just to say "Hi."

Insert random sign off phrase here.

4 Comments:

At 1:41 PM, Blogger lightning36 said...

You actually had to think about whether or not you'd go? He he

 
At 1:25 AM, Blogger Mike said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 1:29 AM, Blogger Mike said...

If Chris ever plays online, that could be his name. Buzzsaw. LOL. Now you don't have to worry about trying to sleep in the bathtub.

 
At 2:29 PM, Blogger Love_elf said...

We are going the weekend of June 14th, so will miss your trip by a few weeks. boooooooooooooooooooooo

Have fun and I look forward to the trip report!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home