Friday, August 22, 2008

Football is Almost Here

This weekend may be insanely busy for me, but next weekend will be filled with sitting on my ass watching college football. I not so patiently wait for this time every year beginning in early January. It is by far my most favorite time of year. The Olympics have been somewhat fun to watch with a few gripping and exciting moments, but for me nothing rivals the excitement of college football. I could go on and on about all of the great things about it, but let's be real - if you feel the same way I do, you already know. And if you don't share my enthusiasm, it would probably be lost on you anyway. I'll just say that I am happily and anxiously counting down the days to the start of the season. Though I'm excited about all the football that will be played next weekend, there is one game in particular that will have me glued to the edge of my seat, screaming at the TV, hopefully cheering with glee but possibly cursing and throwing things. My beloved Tigers (of the Clemson variety) will have a HUGE opening game this year against Alabama, played right down the road from us in the Georgia Dome. I'm getting nervous already! Damn, I can't wait!

1 Comments:

At 4:07 PM, Blogger He Has Issues said...

Do you realize that Alabama is most likely going to start 10 freshmen in that game? Clemson "should" dominate.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home