Friday, November 02, 2007

Good Start for BBToo



We totally sucked in our first playoff softball game last night. It was supposed to be called at the top of the 5th because we were getting blanked 15-0, but the umpire let us have our last at bat. We managed to score 1 run to fight off the shutout.

It was an early game, so it gave me time to play a little online. Last night's Riverchasers was the first blogger game I have played in a while. I lost 1/3 of my stack early when my Ace with strong kicker hands failed to complete. Even though I was always in the bottom 10 through the first 2 breaks, I never felt it was over. I tightened up a little and waited for better cards. I never got called when I raised with good cards, so I loosened up a little to go for some steals. These started to work as well and I found myself in better than average position. Since my membership to the luckbox society is current, I was able to survive some hands where I was behind when I pushed. 1 was for a split, but the biggie was hitting my 5 outer against Bayne. I tried to represent the hand I didn't think he was holding and got lucky that I wasn't drawing dead.

I was able to keep moving up the ladder and my high water mark was 3rd, but I usually hovered around 5th and this is also how I finished. This was a much needed boost to my bankroll. I am usually only donking around the $1 SNGs any more, but I think I can move up a bit to the $5 tables with a blogger game every now and then.

Tonight is a little home game action with Surf and Kaj. I always look forward to this game and maybe I can post a nice cash.

4 Comments:

At 3:45 PM, Blogger iamhoff said...

Nicely done, Brain. I tried a couple of SNGs last night and just got destroyed, so I hung it up for the evening. Next week, tho, I think I'll hook up at the Riverchasers. GF's schedule doesn't give me Mookie Wednesdays anymore, so I'm trying to figure out what I can play when. Anyhoo, good finish and enjoy the b/r padding.

 
At 4:48 PM, Blogger bayne_s said...

I got that you were representing an Ace but I can't fold an Ace at 3:1 on my money there.

Chad is quite correct in his comments that I needed to jam pre if I thought my AJ was good.

I have been crippled of busted in 4 of 7 events now when I have lost as 4:1 fave so I am a little frustrated. But not frustrated enough to have identified player.

You were getting 3:1 on your money for a 4:1 move and due to your EP raise to 1500 had left yourself quite shortstacked. Getting 3 callers could not have been desired goal pre-flop but it did provide a nice pot for you when RNG chose to reward aggression

 
At 11:47 AM, Blogger KajaPoker said...

Thanks for coming by last night. And you've just been tagged:

http://kajagugupoker.blogspot.com/2007/11/tagged.html

 
At 12:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nicely done!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home