Sunday, September 23, 2007

I Outsmarted Myself

Have you ever put something away so you wouldn't lose it, but ultimately forget where you put it? A couple of weeks ago a vendor gave our company some tickets to the Falcon's home opener. I have never been to an NFL game so I asked for a pair of the tickets. I have no desire to pay for tickets to professional games, but if someone gives me some, I'll check out the experience.

Saturday night we started looking for the tickets and couldn't find them anywhere. We tore up the house looking for them. I was positive I brought them home, but I even drove back to the office just in case I left them in my desk. Nope, not there. We just assumed that they were accidentally thrown away with the normal junk mail that accumulates on the counter. We're not NFL fans so it wasn't a huge loss, but it still bothered me because I didn't want our vendor to feel like we didn't appreciate the gesture.

Sunday afternoon, Stacie turned the game on so we could have it in the background and I decided I wanted to make a milkshake. Since we were running low on ice cream, I put in on our grocery list. As I'm writing it down, Stacie notices 2 tickets stuck to the side of the refrigerator under a magnet next to the list. Oh yeahhhhh, I put them there last week so I wouldn't lose them. Helllllooooo dumbass! Even though we could still get to the game by half time, we didn't feel like heading down after missing the first 2 quarters.

On the poker front, I have limited my non blogger games to the $1 9, 18, or 45 SNGs. I am trying to conserve my limited bankroll and start making better decisions for the higher stake games. In my limited sampling of the 9 person games, I have been +EV. Sometimes you can lay the perfect trap based on your read, but the cards find a way to reward the prey. I hit my trips on the flop and knew that Lady-G had a K and was not going to let go of it. I put in a weak bet and she put me all in. Then it comes runner, runner Kings to give her quads. This was simply a case of right action, wrong result. I'm glad it was only a dolla'.

4 Comments:

At 11:37 AM, Blogger MHG said...

They were Falcons tickets--no big loss there!

 
At 12:19 PM, Blogger BrainMc said...

Exactly!

 
At 5:15 PM, Blogger iamhoff said...

Sick beat, B. Absolutely sick.

 
At 10:15 PM, Blogger rakethetable said...

wow. what a terrible beat.

Like the website knew. hmmmm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home