Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Greatest Comedies

We had a discussion in the office about the greatest comedy movies. Since lists usually encourage audience participation, I thought I’d open the floor for other opinions. These are not in order, but the top 4 are by far the greatest on the list, IMHO. So if you're not in the best of moods, pop in any of these DVDs and see if it makes your day better.

Blazing Saddles
Caddyshack
The Jerk
Airplane
Vacation
Christmas Vacation
Young Frankenstein
Office Space
Revenge of the Nerds
Pink Panther Series (only with Peter Sellers)
Swingers
Coming to America
Friday
I’m Gonna Git You Sucka
Smokey and the Bandit
American Pie
Animal House
Anchorman (although I still haven't seen this one and not sure if I will. I'm not a huge Will Ferrell fan)
Austin Powers: International Man of Mystery
Dumb and Dumber
The Big Lebowski (another one I haven't seen, but I'm adding to my Netflix right now)
Raising Arizona
Old School
There's Something About Mary
Fletch
Monty Python and the Holy Grail (I was a late comer to this movie, but once I did, I saw the appeal)
Liar, Liar (I may be on my own here, but I thought this movie was hilarious)

11 Comments:

At 11:49 AM, Blogger TripJax said...

Great list man. I'd add a couple...

Anchorman

Dumb & Dumber

Old School

There's Something About Mary

The Big Lebowski

So many more, but I'll stop there...

 
At 1:50 PM, Blogger KajaPoker said...

Without 'Animal House' half these would not make the list....

 
At 2:02 PM, Blogger BrainMc said...

Good additions, let's update shall we.

 
At 6:16 PM, Blogger Gnome said...

What about Naked Gun and Spaceballs?

 
At 7:08 PM, Blogger Aaron said...

+1 for Spaceballs.

Maybe even Ferris Bueller's Day Off?

BTW, I don't have a BMW, I just snagged a pic of one of the internets. I've got two bikes, the one I was talking about was a '98 Honda Pacific Coast. We *might* do some hiking if the girlfriend is up to it, but I doubt it. :(

 
At 8:04 PM, Blogger deliverator said...

Wait one guldurned minnit! You haven't seen The Big Lebowski? Consider yourself uninvited until you see it! (Or just add the Evil Dead series to the list)

 
At 11:32 AM, Blogger I Like Cake said...

you absolutely have to add:

Groundhog Day
Dirty Rotten Scoundrels
Fargo
Strangelove
Annie Hall

Some on your list are funny, but I wouldn't exactly call them great, e.g. Coming to America, Liar Liar. Just my opinion of course.

 
At 4:05 PM, Blogger BrainMc said...

Coming to America has so many lines / scenes that I am probably just remembering the best of it. Overall I agree it's not the greatest, but it sucks me in every time I pass by it, waiting for certain moments.

 
At 6:46 PM, Blogger surflexus said...

J O E D I R T

 
At 9:09 PM, Blogger BrainMc said...

I think you mean Joe DirtAAAAAAA!

 
At 4:54 PM, Blogger kurokitty said...

Have to concur with the Sham on Big Lebowski.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home