Thursday, April 05, 2007

How Do You Like That Flop?


First hand heads up. We were both slow playing our monsters. We didn't get in all in until the river. I'm trying to build my bankrolls back up so I'm sticking with the cheap SNGs. I was the shorty early on and then was patient for the right moments. Sometimes it was preflop and sometimes it was on the scarey boards. I knew I was making the right moves when one of the other players complained that I pushed 2 hands in a row preflop. I had the goods to back them up, but I still think it was the right move against the weaker players when we hit 100/200 on the blinds 5 handed. Even though it was a low buy-in, it still felt good to get a little confidence back. A few of these a week and I'll still have enough to go for blogger tournament entries and a token run or 2.

1 Comments:

At 11:42 AM, Blogger David Westbay said...

I see that you and I are on the same path of bankroll building by playing the small SNGs. Like you, I'm going the slow but steady route so I can have enough to get into the blogger games and other mid-range events. Congrats on the win!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home