Wednesday, November 15, 2006

There Is Nothing Like Taco Pizza

I forgot to mention the other great part of the weekend. Whenever I go to visit Stacie's Mom, I have to go to Pizza Inn for their Taco Pizza. Last Saturday night, we hit the buffet and I eat taco pizza slices until I am absolutely sick. Then I top it off with a slice of chocolate chip dessert pizza. I am not a "live to eat" kind of guy, but there are some things that I can consume in large quantities and this just happens to be one of my favorite foods. Yes I am a cheap date.

We had a Pizza Inn where I grew up in Alabama, but unfortunately there isn't one close to us in Atlanta so I have to go to SC to satisfy my craving. I am luckier with my craving than Stacie is with one of her favorite dishes. Her favorite is the spicy shrimp and grits at Magnolia's in Charleston. Does anybody else have a hard to find dish or something you crave from where you lived previously?

2 Comments:

At 11:50 AM, Blogger TripJax said...

I miss the way my Granny made pinto beans and corn bread, but that is less about location as it is she is no longer around to make it. That shit was the bomb though.

 
At 6:09 PM, Blogger BrainMc said...

I hear ya on that one Trip, my Dad makes some great ones as well. He also does killer sausage gravy and biscuits.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home