Monday, October 30, 2006

Great Week and Weekend

I have been fairly busy lately but haven't had too much to blog about. Stacie and I got back from a 4 day business trip to Savannah last week. It went well during the day and we had the evenings to walk down River Street and enjoy dinner and drinks. We went with another coworker that did all of the driving for us since it is his territory and he has a company vehicle.

I played a little .01/.02 on the Saturday before our trip. This was the longest session I have ever done at a cash game. I was able to turn 4 into 14, so that's at least one more week of playing Wil's game. Yay!

I was doing pretty well in the Mookie and was poised to make it to the final table when my preflop push of JJ was called by the initial raiser's (wwonka69) 10s. He hit a ten, and as Mookie put it, "Brain takes one to the junk and is out." This bummed me out a little because I felt I was playing pretty well. I was especially intimidated with Hoy on my right. I was able to play some good cards and had DQB once against a pusher's AK. That was the only race that I was involved in and it went my way. I managed to lay down cards when I was beat and it felt like a nice clean run. I don't remember putting any beats on anybody and the table talk was great as usual. I was having a particulary good time with the gnome (blipboop) on my left. We'll see how this week goes.

Over the weekend I made my first attempt at some tokens for Don's big game. I first tried the $8 turbo and quickly found that was not for me. I then entered a $6 attempt and bubbled when my BB 2 pair on the flop was bested by the SB's better 2 pair on the flop. I decided to stop after that because I was cutting into my Mookie fund. I may try some SNGs for cash and build some more bankroll.

Thursday night didn't go so well with Clemson losing to Va Tech, but my Tigers managed to eek out a win against Ole Miss. For a game that looked like a trounce from pregame stats and Ole Miss player suspensions, they sure put a a scare in to Auburn. Their QB was doing a great job and it could easily have gone the other way. The rest of the Saturday games went the way I would like with Ga Tech winning and Univ of Ga losing. The Texas / Texas Tech game was a great one to watch. Man, even down 21-0, Colt McCoy showed alot of talent for a freshman to snatch victory from the jaws of defeat. Auburn still needs to have Arkansas lose 2 upcoming SEC games for us to make it to the championship and still have a shot at playing for the national championship. I just know you are wishing us luck.

Saturday also consisted of buying a new couch. This was a little unexpected. We have been wanting to replace our love seat and happened to see one we liked and said WTF. We bought the floor model and they had it delived to our place within 2 1/2 hours. Definitely didn't expect to be sitting on a new couch sorting the paper Sunday morning.

For Sunday, we made up for the lazy Saturday by cleaning house, washing cars and moving some plants in the front beds. I would have been much happier just sleeping on our new couch! We finished the weekend having a great dinner with some friends at Doc Chey's.

1 Comments:

At 5:28 PM, Blogger mookie99 said...

My VP is an Auburn alum and I thought I was going to be able to giver her shit about the game, but in the end they were able to pull out the win. Much like the Horns...great game but UT's defense looked porous. I'm hoping they pull things together for the rest of the year.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home