Thursday, September 28, 2006

How To Blow An Early Chip Lead

I stepped back in the Mookie last night. I was able to double up on the first hand against Smokkee with my AK spades to his mid pair. I made a pretty hefty call when he went all in on the flop with low cards and 2 spades showing. I had a ton of outs to almost any pair he was holding so I decided to make the call since I thought I was ahead percentage wise. The turn was K and the river a spade to seal the deal. I tried to keep my chips after my early lead and only play premium hands. By level 3 or 4, I started to get involved where I shouldn't. I made 3 stupid plays in a row and that gave me my exit shortly before the first break. The deathnail was my steal attempt from the button when Papi, in the big blind, had AA. He had the great fortune to have a sweet hand and go up against me while I was being completely mindless. He used the chips well to take 2nd I believe. Nice job and congrats to Duggle for taking it all.

2 Comments:

At 2:17 PM, Blogger mookie99 said...

Thanks for playing in the tourney last night.

 
At 5:14 PM, Blogger smokkee said...

I made a retarded play to start things off. when i saw your hand after you called my all in preflop, i knew i was dead.

so ya, i like to make donk moves every so often.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home