Thursday, March 09, 2006

I hate eating alone

One of the best parts of my job is working in the same building as my wife. We almost always have lunch together. This works out well for me because I hate to eat alone. If it is just me in the lunchroom at work or a restaurant, I am miserable. It's not bad a home because I just go up to the bonus room and watch Tivo on the big screen. In fact I really enjoy it then because it's basically watching TV with some chewing thrown in. To me, food is not very important. Don't get me wrong, there are things I really like to eat, but it's not a real big deal to me. I am one of those "eat to live" and not a "live to eat." I am more of a snack fan.

At my last job (cable company) I had 2 different groups of great friends that I would go to lunch with just about every day. With one group we would go out and get something to go and come back to my office. I had a good size office with a nice round table and cable TV with video-on-demand. When I went with the other group, we would usually go to some tablecloth / plastic picnic blanket restaurant and spent the 1+ hour. These were really good times and I miss these friends. We still meet up on occasion, but I am striving to do it more. I would love twice a month, but we will start back with once a month. With the weather turning nice, I am definitely ready to start up some Margaritas and Marley on Fridays on our back deck. This would also be a good time to have over my friends from my phone company days. Let me get started on that.

1 Comments:

At 12:11 PM, Blogger SirFWALGMan said...

thanks for the double link, I do not think I have been linked to twice in one blog ever before! Woo hoo!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home