Saturday, December 05, 2009

Home Game Success

Wow, I think November was the first time I haven't blogged for an entire month. I guess since I've joined Twitter, I get out my little smart ass remarks and don't come here as often. The other reason is quite frankly, I've really got nothing much going on right now.

I was really hoping to make it to Vegas next week for the Winter WPBT Event, but it's not going to work. I already had it scheduled as vacation but didn't have the trip booked. When I was ready, Stacie said she couldn't commit because she was concerned that she was going to have to help her mom after her surgery. Fortunately, her mother didn't need surgery so it looked like the trip was back on, but heavy spending in November killed it from a financial perspective. We made alternate plans and will do a staycation for our long weekend and do some Atlanta stuff like seeing the DaVinci exhibit at the High. Next year, I am just going to go ahead and book the flight as soon as it dips below $300 and just deal with other things if they come up. It's just too easy to talk ourselves out of spending more money after paying for expensive house and car maintenance items.

It might be just as well that I'm not going anyway because my lucky poker streak may be nearing the end. I played in the regular game with Kajagugu last night and I chopped for most of top place in the first game along with collecting 4 bounties and getting to keep my own. This put me on a freeroll for the second game but I didn't cash. This ended my sick run of winning or chopping for first in 7 of the last 7 home games in his neighborhood and mine. I finally came back to reality when I didn't even cash in the second game. I really hope the no cash was just a fluke, because my neighborhood is having our higher buy-in Main Event this afternoon and it should be a decent prize pool. I already jinxed myself when I made a comment after the first game so I figured it is safe to blog about it now. I was bragging and then was immediately smited.

Since I am not going to Vegas and I have a few extra dollars in my poker fund, I think I will make a run up to Harrah's Cherokee some time before Christmas. The have a good size poker room that only has the video tables, but I have heard it's a good opportunity to make a little dough and it's smoke free. They still don't serve alcohol and I don't know if that will change. I don't care that I can't drink, but I wonder how it affects the play at the table. It's always great to see the drunk guy keep reloading. Hopefully they will come premedicated or just bring their own mixers like their going to a football game. Speaking of football, I must with Stacie's Clemson Tigers good luck today in the ACC Championship. It was great to see them make it, but they have a tough game against Bayne's Yellow Jackets.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home