Friday, June 19, 2009

Happy Birthday Stacie!

My baby has a milestone birthday today. I did it a little different this year by making it her birthday week. I had a different gift each morning for her. They weren't very extravagant, but I tried to put some thought in to little things.

Sunday - I went to Church with her. This is something she always wants me to do, so I got up earlier with her and told her I was going to tag along.

Monday - I got her 2 planted pots full of bright orange Asian lillies. When they are done blooming, I will plant them beside the concrete bench in the back yard.

Tuesday - I bought her a CD from The Fray.

Wednesday - She received a gift card for a hour long massage.

Thursday - I'm getting her Clemson tag put on the front of her car this weekend. This has been on my to do list for only 8 years. I tried to do it before, but it involves drilling in to the bumber and with my luck, I would hit some airbag sensor or something crazy like that. We are getting a brake job on Saturday, so I will have them put on the tag plate holder while they've got it.

Friday - We are actually going to the movie theater. She's on vacation today and I'm leaving work a little early. We are going to go to an early show of The Hangover followed by a casual dinner. I think this is the 3rd movie we have seen in the theater in the past 2 years. We are keeping the day low key. She said she didn't want a party. She would rather just she and I go out for the night. Her other gift for the day is a trip to the jewelry store when she is ready to get the ring she keeps talking herself out of buying. I still doubt she will get one, but we'll see. Before you tell me to just buy it for her, that ain't how it works with the moneys in our house. I still scares her to spend that much money on something like jewelry so I wouldn't be surprised if we didn't end up buying it until our 20th wedding anniversary.

2 Comments:

At 9:05 PM, Blogger smokkee said...

Happy B-day to your little lady.

 
At 10:15 AM, Blogger VinoQueen said...

Thanks for a wonderful birthday week my love! You made turning 40 quite great! And by the way, to those of you who are interested - I did get a ring!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home