Tuesday, March 07, 2006

A Few Thoughts About The Oscars

If enough people read this, I might get in trouble with the title and trademarks. Since that is not a big concern, here are a few of my thoughts about the 2006 telecast:

Salma Hayek - Super, Super Hot. That blue dress looked awesome on her. I am not just saying that because her boobs were spilling over the top.

Jada Pinkett Smith - Super Hot. Pretty much the same comment as I had for Salma without the large breasts. The dress did a great job of making her look taller.

Jennifer Garner - Very Hot. She still looks great after her baby and chose a nice dress that accentuated positive and hid parts that will be worked off later.

Keira Knightley - Hot.

Jennifer Lopez - Hot.

Uma Thurman in her after party dress - Hot.

Jessica Alba - Hot, but used to be much hotter about 10+ pounds ago.

I felt really bad for Lauren Bacall. I don't know if she has having problems reading the teleprompter or maybe something more age related with her memory and speech.

Where the hell was James Doohan during the death montage?

I can't believe I actually saw an Oscar winning movie before the Oscars. Not only that, I remember watching Crash with Stacie and we both commented that it should be considered for "Best Picture." I was really impressed that it won, I figured Brokeback was the Hollywierd favorite.

I thought Jon Stewart did a great job. I think he will have the job as long a he wants it. Not as funny as Billy Crystal, but his hosting style seemed more like Johnny Carson.

I can't stand the red carpet preshows, but since Stacie had it on in the background, I caught a few minutes of TV Guide Channel's broadcast with mom and daughter team. Did anybody else see Joan Rivers introduce Lee Majors as Larry McMurtry? That was hilarious. I loved watching her screw up but I did feel bad for the Six Million Dollar Man. For cryin' out loud, I would expect the new 18 - 21 year old entertainment reporters to not know him, but damn Joan you were both popular around the same time. You've even met the guy previous to this.

I am looking forward to this year's entries and maybe I'll see other nominated candidates before next year's awards show. Since most of my movie choices are action and Sci-Fi, I doubt that will be the case.

1 Comments:

At 10:52 AM, Blogger BrainMc said...

Thanks, it has been corrected.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home