Wednesday, April 02, 2008

From Worst to Final Table

I got really worried this week that I was going to make it an early night again in the Bodonkey. It started off rough and I was quickly down to 2/3 of my original stack after HighOnPoker cracked my Aces with his turned flush, so much for premium starting hands. This really deflated my spirits and then Instant Tragedy announces on BDR that I'm in the Dank position. This was quite embarrassing considering my last 2 weeks. I let my pity party last about 3 hands and then got back to my plan of more aggressive play without putting my entire stack at risk. My patience paid off because my subscription to pocket pairs finally came in and this time my flopped bottom set held up. I doubled against the small blind with his flopped 2 pair. Soon after, I flopped quads and by the time this hand was over, I was second only to Kurokitty.



When we got to the final 2 tables, my cards dried up, but I was able to hang in until I pushed my K, weak in to Dave's KQ suited at the final table. I went out in 9th and that was good enough to get my buy-in back and snag a few points. I need some more final table finishes if I want to have any chance at the freeroll.

3 Comments:

At 5:36 PM, Blogger iamhoff said...

Who doesn't love flopping quads! And thanks for the reminder on MotorWeek. I knew a TV show that I watched a lot of was filmed there, but when I was doing that post I just couldn't think of the name. Fun stuff.

 
At 9:46 PM, Blogger David Westbay said...

Keep hanging in there, Brian. I'm sure you will make it to more final tables. Hopefully I will be there with you and we can battle it out again, and again, and again....

 
At 11:01 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Brian, you are a good player. Just have to be patient.

It'll come.

:-)
IT : The Phil Mickelson of Poker Bloggers

 

Post a Comment

<< Home