Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Bodonkey, Take 1

I'm sure my stats from the game last night make me look like a crazy man. It didn't help that 2 of the hands that I had to show were a river bluff gone bad (good call Cawt) and calling off all of my chips while holding J,K off. I had a great tear of cards early but I guess I got my share before it really counted.

Evil Wonka let it be known that he didn't care for my call while holding the donkey (K,J) when he pushed in to me. Thankfully, he was nice about it. I realize he didn't understand why I did it. I am not experienced or learned enough to say I made the right call, but I can 'splain my thinking. If it is flawed, so be it. I have enough friends who will let me know and help me work on it. So here we go. I was a shorty in the big blind with not much left to fight with. When the small blind has me covered, but is not a huge chip stack, I have to give them a wide range of hole cards. When he pushed in to me, I thought it was a weaker bet than a simple raise so I put him on A,10 at best. Yes, I am still behind and figured I was 40% (worst case) with 2 live cards. At this point in the evening / tournament, I was ready to double up or go home, besides, I had 74 outs! I was able to catch a King and double through. Unfortunately, those chips didn't last long and I went out in 20th.

I really enjoyed the Buddy Dank broadcast last night. The Waffles prop bet with CK was very funny. I'm glad we were able to get away from the hater radio that I've heard my last couple of times listening. It's much more fun just listening to Buddy play stud and "interview" guests that are interested in having a good time and add to the program instead of inflating their ego by talking about luckboxes and who sucks more. I'm all for ragging your buddies, but I don't think some of the ass hat fraternity do it in good spirit.

Congrats to the Poker Cat for taking it down. Way to represent the ATL! When it comes to poker skillz in the A-town, I have a great pool of talent that I can rely on if I ever decide to elevate my game.

2 Comments:

At 1:11 PM, Blogger KajaPoker said...

I don't know what Wonka had when you called with KJ, but I don't hate it either. If you are short and desperate he should expect a call with ATC. You are only completely behind JJ+, AK, AJ, and KQ. Every other pair is a race and every other ace is a 60/40. If he has anything else (random) you are actually ahead 60/40. I don't make this call often but in desepration mode it's not a bad play.

When I won the triple shootout last week I called a shove with KJ against what turned out to be A8o (or A6o, not sure right now). I actually thought the guy had a low pocket pair and was willing to race for the win. He actually typed "gl" before he pushed and I could not put him on a strong hand.

So what did Wonka have?

 
At 5:03 PM, Blogger BrainMc said...

I think it was A,8

 

Post a Comment

<< Home