Tuesday, March 09, 2010

Mastodon Weekend Recap

If you plan it, they will come. Here are some flashes of activites from the weekend:

Showed up in time to see the next card game craze, Big Duece, courtesy of Dr. Pauly.

Got busted in the 2nd level of the awesome tournament by the sex offender that looked like Charlie from Lost. Congrats to Otis and BadBlood for going heads up.

Won a buyin at the cash game. I had to swap stacks with CK to do it. I have never played so aggressive in my life, but she can push you to do it. I look forward to some Venetian time with her in late July.

Just my luck, I had to sit next to Nikki in the tournament and later in the cash game. Damn, this young lady is hot! Unfortunately for some of us, she knew how to play poker as well. Not only was she obviously smokin' but she was as sweet as can be. She and her husband, Jeff, really treated us well with their Bustout Poker gear, catering, and cash addition to the prize pool.

I played my first ever round of frolf. G-Rob, Drizz, TripJax, 23Skidoo, Bobby Bracelet, and Pauly were the lucky witnesses to my fantastic disc throwing abilities. Apparently, my throws are calibrated to the 20-30 footers that I do with my dog in the back yard. Beyond that, they shoot way left and quickly seek the ground. I got more distances on rolls and bounces than I did on the actual flight of the disc. We bruised many a tree that day. Somehow, Trip managed to start behind the tee.....twice! Pauly was able to do the exact same shot 3 time in a row on one hole. He'd throw it and it would hit a tree, bounce off and roll straight in to the creek. When he conceded the hole, Bobby threw his disc back to him and it went right off of his fingers to end up back in the creek. 4 times on the same hole, that's gotta be a record. Here is Pauly's video:



Prop bets won: 1 with CK. I went 4 for 4 on blind picking out each person's bill when the waitress laid a stack of them on the table.

Prop bets lost: 2. Paid off Pauly for his frolf win. Paid off Bobby Bracelet for his 3 shot run in pool. Well done.

Shared a slice with CK while taking a break from the trivia / pub crawl. Major highlight.

Watched Bobby Bracelet in action with the ladies. His opening? Boldly retelling how he had been so drunk last time, the he boned a chick for 2 days and didn't realize how ugly she was until he finally started to sober up. If that's not convincing enough to the ladies, he described in detail her lack of grooming standards. The descriptive terms "thigh stubble," "huge 70's jungle bush," and something about a basketball star "in a headlock down there" were used. But, he maintains "she had nice tits."

Shared a room with TripJax and 23Skidoo. These 2 were either wasted or hungover the entire time I saw them.

Made plans to have a beer with Iggy this Friday while I'm in his hood.

Put a smiling face to a name for some bloggers that I have played against or read about for years. In addition, I met some awesome new folks. Shout outs to: The Mark, Teresa, Lee, CaityCaity, Pebbles and Bam Bam, Curtis, Boy Genius, Tim, Dr Chako, Heather, StB, Wes, Mrs. BadBlood and her drunk ass friend, and of course the man of the hour and the reason we took the field, Al.

How can I not make this a yearly stop on the blogger tour? It's so close and the company can't be beat. I'm thinking the Chicago folks need to get something going as well.

7 Comments:

At 9:19 PM, Blogger DrChako said...

I take exception to the "it's so close" reference. I guess since it's closer than the moon, and since I'd probably fly to the moon for a similar party, my little 3000 mile journey is still close.

Good to meet you.

-DrC

 
At 9:59 PM, Blogger Heather said...

The Chicago folks do have a yearly gathering :) Except this year we're taking it to Minnesota...

 
At 12:28 AM, Blogger MHG said...

Can't believe I missed out on frolf! I suck at it, but shit!

 
At 7:08 AM, Blogger The Bracelet said...

Had a great time hanging out with you. Hopefully it'll happen again before next year's Mastodon weekend.

And she totally had nice tits.

 
At 10:19 AM, Blogger Pauly said...

Awesome playing a round of frolf with ya! Til next time...

 
At 10:56 AM, Blogger KajaPoker said...

You suck! That's why you didn't make the monthly game? So you can go hang out with a bunch of awesome people?

I didn't make the game either but for other reasons ;-)

 
At 4:46 PM, Blogger BWoP said...

I'm really glad we had a chance to catch up over some much-needed sustenance :-)

See you in July!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home